- epilepsy: partial seizures with elementary symptoms (focal seizures), partial seizures with complex symptoms, psychomotor seizures, major convulsive seizures, mainly of focal origin (grand convulsive seizures during sleep, diffuse grand mal seizures), mixed forms of epilepsy; trigeminal neuralgia;
- idiopathic neuralgia of the glossopharyngeal nerve;
- pain in diabetic polyneuropathy;
- epileptiform convulsions in multiple sclerosis, facial muscle spasms in trigeminal neuralgia, tonic convulsions, paroxysmal dysarthria and ataxia, paroxysmal paresthesias and pain attacks;
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome (anxiety, convulsions, hyperexcitability, sleep disturbances);
- psychotic disorders (affective and schizoaffective disorders, psychosis, dysfunction of the limbic system).
Dosing regimen for Finlepsin (Carbamazepine) tabletsThe drug is administered during or after a meal, drinking plenty of fluids.
EpilepsyWhenever possible, Finlepsin® should be administered as monotherapy.
Joining Finlepsin to the ongoing antiepileptic therapy should be carried out gradually, while the doses of the drugs used are corrected if necessary.
If the patient forgot to take the next dose of the drug in a timely manner, the missed dose should be taken immediately, as soon as this omission has become noticed, and a double dose of the drug should not be taken.
The initial dose is 200-400 mg (1-2 tablets) / day, then the dose is gradually increased until the optimal effect is achieved. Maintenance dose - 800-1200 mg / day, which are distributed in 1-3 doses per day.
The maximum daily dose is 1.6-2 g.
If the child is unable to swallow the tablet whole, it can be chewed, crushed or shaken in a small amount of water.
The initial dose for children aged 1 to 5 years is 100-200 mg / day, then the dose is gradually increased by 100 mg / day until the optimal effect is achieved; for children from 6 to 10 years old - 200 mg / day, then the dose is gradually increased by 100 mg / day until the optimal effect is achieved; for children from 11 to 15 years old - 100-300 mg / day, then the dose is gradually increased by 100 mg / day until the optimal effect is achieved.
Maintenance doses: for children aged 1-5 years - 200-400 mg / day (in divided doses), 6-10 years - 400-600 mg / day (in 2-3 doses); 11-15 years old - 600-1000 mg / day (in 2-3 doses).
in Cyrillic : Финлепсин
available pack options :
|200mg x 50 tablets||$25.00|
price shown for :